Welcome to the world of an over thinker and a perfectionist. Sometimes, it is not a fun world. Creating blog post titles is serious and stressful business, ladies and gentlemen.
That's me, pretending to be a statue. Just as proof that I CAN loosen up. Sort of. Sometimes.
Now that we have that out of the way, here goes the actual post. Once a month I'm taking a break from the "meaty" posts consisting of photography work, photography tips, and other such instructional posts. And I'm just going to talk about what is catching my eye this month or other randomness!
- It's October! One of my favorite months. Trees turn colorful this month and we pull out the fall sweaters, the tights, the boots. I get to wear my two cute, cool weather not-cold-enough-for-the-winter-coat coats. We drink more coffee and hot chocolate. We plan bonfires with friends. Part of me is sorry to say goodbye to summer because we had such a short one this year, but I'm still welcoming fall with open arms.
- The 1940's. That's nothing new, but I've just been really into it lately. Having so much fun looking at old ads and pictures on Pinterest. I love this picture.
- A couple of weeks ago I happened to be browsing Craigslist and stumbled across this darling little desk. A few emails later, we were headed out to look at it and brought it home. Some of you may know that my bedroom remodeling project has been... well, quite a process shall we say. It is so fun to have such an adorable new piece to take the room another step in the right direction! And it's the perfect home for my vintage cameras and photographs.
- I cut my hair! It hasn't been quite this short in a long time. It was a spur of the moment decision the day before leaving for Remembering WWII. It's just hair - it'll grow. :-) And right now I'm rather enjoying something different!
- I don't know what happened to me, but this year I seem to have turned into the stereotypical girl who loves shoes. As a very little girl, I definitely loved any "clacky shoes" (anything with a heel!) but as I got older I always just had shoes purely for practical purposes (by choice - I never wanted to buy more than I absolutely needed. Yep, one pair of sandals, a pair of sneakers, and a pair of winter shoes and I was set). Then... I must have gotten fashion conscious and now I realize how the right pair of shoes can make your outfit. My mom doesn't know what to make of me. Right now I have my eye on these in burgundy - I just love that color for fall!
- This recipe. The perfect, slightly spicy, not too sweet, cocoa-esque concoction. And it's healthy! It looks kind of weird, but believe me... it's delicious!
I'll leave you with a couple of previews from last week!